Transportation for Massachusetts (T4MA) is seeking an experienced Policy Director to promote our statewide coalition’s policy priorities to address the Commonwealth’s transportation crisis. See Job Responsibilities and Qualifications below.
About Transportation for Massachusetts (T4MA)
T4MA is the state’s leading transportation advocacy coalition. With more than 80 members and partners statewide, we speak with a united voice for policy change at the state, federal, and local level that will make the Commonwealth’s transportation system more sustainable, more equitable, and more efficient. Our team of five employees works in co-working space within blocks of the Massachusetts State House. We work in close partnership with the teams at our member organizations.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line: "Policy Director Application." Applications will be considered on a rolling basis, as we seek to fill this position as quickly as possible. No phone calls, please.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Transportation for Massachusetts is an equal opportunity employer, and we welcome and encourage diversity among our staff and membership.
Policy Director Job Responsibilities
- Represent the Transportation for Massachusetts coalition before the Legislature and the Executive Branch. Develop and execute the coalition’s advocacy strategies with policymakers. Conduct federal-level advocacy as necessary. This includes scheduling and conducting lobbying meetings, testifying at hearings, writing letters, and grassroots strategies.
- Develop and advise on the coalition’s policy priorities, in coordination with coalition members and staff as the leader of the coalition’s Policy Team.
- Analyze existing and proposed policies and actively monitor ongoing transportation issues and policy-making before the Joint Committee on Transportation, the MassDOT Board of Directors, and the MBTA’s Fiscal and Management Control Board, Congress, and other bodies.
- Support advocacy efforts of Transportation for Massachusetts coalition members and advise coalition members on a wide range of issues.
- Support the coalition’s communications strategy and initiatives.
- Represent T4MA on coalitions and committees.
- Support the planning and coordination of coalition events.
- Present as a transportation policy expert to external audiences, and speak to members of the media as needed.
- Ability to analyze legislation and policy related to transportation.
- Excellent writing skills, including the ability to draft policy papers and legislation, and write for a wide variety of audiences.
- Government relations experience, with relationships with the legislative and executive branches.
- Self-motivated and organized, with excellent follow-through.
- Experience working in a coalition and on a team.
- Familiarity with transportation, climate, and social equity issues a plus.