Massachusetts must modernize its transportation network for the 21st century. We must transition to clean, reliable, affordable and convenient travel choices in every city and town. We have to make this vision a reality - for our economy at the state level, to provide greater opportunity for every person and neighborhood, for our climate, and for our health. And this is where you come in!
The Massachusetts State Senate is spearheading a public process, MassMoves, to help develop this vision with a series of public meetings from January to April, developed with the support of the Barr Foundation. This is part of the Senate's Commonwealth Conversations project.
Please participate! Attend in person if you can, and online too.
The schedule is on Tuesdays from January 31 to April 11 at locations all across Massachusetts. State Senators and Representatives from each region will participate. The workshops are to share information about transportation, and get your input about how we should rebuild our transportation network.
The questions posted to participants include:
- What values should a 21st-century transportation system embody?
- What approaches do you think are most important to get Massachusetts on the pathway to a 21st-century transportation system?
- What three lead actions should be taken in your region to start on that pathway?
Here's the schedule, which will be updated as future locations and times are confirmed:
- Metro Boston January 31, 2017, 1 - 4 PM, 15 Middlesex Ave, Somerville: register here - download flyer
- South Coast February 7, 2017, 11:30-2 PM, 715 Purchase Street, New Bedford: register here - download flyer
- South Shore February 28, 2017
- Southeastern MA March 7, 2017
- Central MA March 14, 2017
- Northeast MA March 21, 2017
- Western MA March 28, 2017
- MetroWest April 4, 2017
- North Shore April 11, 2017
Thanks for participating! We will see you there!