Transportation for Massachusetts is seeking an experienced Advocacy Director to promote policy, legislation and regulations that support public transportation, walking, biking, and other affordable, clean and reliable statewide transportation options.
- Develop policy and policy analysis for transportation related issues. Coordinate the development of policy with coalition members.
- Develop and execute the coalition’s advocacy strategies directed towards both the legislature and the Administration.
- Coordinate the advocacy efforts of Transportation for Massachusetts coalition members.
- Assist with mobilizing members and allies
- Ability to analyze legislation and policy related to transportation.
- Excellent writer: able to draft policy and also write accessibly for wide variety of audiences.
- Government relations experience with strong relationships with legislators. Familiarity and experience with the Administration a plus.
- Self-motivated, organized, excellent follow-through
- Experience working in a coalition
- Familiarity with transportation, climate and social equity issues a plus
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Flexible work arrangement possible.
Send resume and cover letter to: [email protected] and [email protected] with the subject line: Job Application. Applications are on rolling basis as we are trying to fill this position as quickly as possible.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Transportation for Massachusetts is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome and encourage diversity among our staff and membership.