Massachusetts needs a strong, statewide public transit network. Your help is needed now to save the Regional Transit Authorities that provide essential local bus service throughout the state.
Right now, our Regional Transit Authorities are under threat because of a proposed FY 2019 state budget that level-funds operating assistance to all fifteen RTAs. The legislature should increase this budget from $80.4 million (an amount that is virtually unchanged from the last 4 years) to $88 million, using funds dedicated for transportation. This will stave off cuts and prevent drastically increased fares. We need your help!
What you can do
Sign our petition today to ask Governor Baker and the State Legislature to increase state funding for RTAs to $88 million in Fiscal Year 2019.
Already signed the petition, and want to do more?
- Ask your friends, family and neighbors to sign on. Click "share this page" below or from the online petition.
- Get the facts on RTAs.
- Send a letter to your local newspaper asking state leaders to responsibly fund public transit.
- Share your story on Twitter using #FundPublicTransit and #OurMove, and share our Twitter and Facebook messages
- Listen to and read about our radio ads: Worcester Traffic | Pioneer Valley Traffic | Worcester: Endangered | Worcester: People You Rely On | Pioneer Valley: People You Depend On
- Read about what is happening as the RTAs face funding shortfalls:
It's our move, Massachusetts.
Transportation for Massachusetts is a coalition of 70+ member and partner organizations all across Massachusetts. We work for a modern, statewide transportation network that is clean, reliable, efficient, and provides transportation choices to improve everyone's quality of life and economic opportunity. Transportation is important to every person, family, business and community, and we must invest and plan responsibly now to protect our future. Established in 2010, T4MA is supported by foundation grants and individual donations. Learn more at t4ma.org.